Know the benefits
- Maintain a healthy weight and lose body fat.
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- Improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Improve muscle endurance.
- Increase energy levels.
Did you know?
“By Walking at a fast pace for three hours or more at least once a week, you can reduce your risk of heart disease by up to 65%”
Walking For Good Health
Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. It can also reduce your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, and some cancers.
10 Fun Facts About Walking
- Walking is the most popular form of exercise in the U.S.
- To burn off a plain M&M candy, you would need to walk the length of a football field.
- The average human walking speed is 3.1 miles per hour.
- A typical pair of tennis shoes last for 500 miles of walking.
- Less than 50% of Americans exercise enough to see significant health benefits.
- Walking 6,000 steps a day will help improve your health and walking 10,000 will help you lose weight.
- A person walks 65,000 miles in their lifetime – that’s equivalent to walking three times around the earth.
- Walking increases blood flow to the brain and improves your mood.
- Walking for 10 miles every week would eliminate 500 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions a year.
- Walking an extra 20 minutes a day will burn 7 pounds of body fat per year.
Enjoy the weather, enjoy the view and stay safe!